This, dear Readers, is the only bacon sandwich you’ll ever need. I know you’re skeptical, but I’m being serious. Chuck away your tomato ketchup and your brown sauce, you won’t be needing that no more! Honestly. Do it. Do it NOW. You won’t regret it.
Regular readers will know that us Hungry Swans are big fans of the tried-and-tested bacon and avo combination. This sandwich takes that dream combo; the creamy avo, the crispy, salty bacon and makes it EVEN BETTER with the addition of some tasty, crumbly feta and a hint of chilli. Phwooaaaaaar…
It may seem like a bit too much hassle with a hangover, but it’s totally worth it! The combination of carbs, protein, (mostly) healthy fat, a hefty amount of salt and a kick of chilli will sort you right out. If you can face it, have a glass of our healthy smoothie too and you’ll be turning cartwheels down the road in no time. If you can’t face it, chug down as much water/orange juice as you can to compensate for the salt. Coconut water is also amazingly hangover-busting if you don’t want to go down the ‘hair of the dog’ route. We know sometimes that’s the only option though (sorry Mum). We’re not judging you.
What you need (for 2):
Nice bread, or you know, whatever you have to hand
Streaky bacon rashers
Tsp chilli flakes
c.100g feta cheese
Salt & black pepper
What to do:
- First, smush your avo together with your salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Of course, you could use a fresh chilli but I’m assuming for the purposes of this post that you’re hungover, so the least effort the better
- Once your avo is nice and smushed, crumble in the feta and stir. It should be a pretty firm mixture.
- Put your bread on to toast
- Fry your bacon – I don’t use any oil, and I fry the sh*t out of the rashers so they’re nice and super-crispy. Use the number of rashers proportionate to your hangover. This was a 4 rasher one. Gin and I are no longer on speaking terms…
- Butter toast, assemble rashers of bacon on one, spread delicious salty avo, chilli and feta combo on the other
- Squidge your sandwich together
- Feed the hangover…
You are TOTALLY welcome.